May 2017 Athlete of the Month
Each month, in order to get to know our StoneCutter community better, we highlight an Athlete of the Month.
This is an athlete has exhibited determination, growth, and a great attitude in the gym.
They challenge and encourage their teammates on a daily basis and represent CrossFit StoneCutter with pride.
Congratulations to our May 2017 Athlete the Month, Jenn Newcomer!
Jenn is a regular in the 8:30 a.m. and trains with our competitors. She is constantly doing extra work and is a supportive member of her fellow athletes daily, both in the gym and at our competitions and events. Jenn is a model athlete and we are proud to have her as a member of our community.
Tell us little bit about you and your family.
– My husband and I have been married for almost 6 years – next month is our anniversary 🙂 We have two amazing children, Devin and Haylie. I just finished EMT-Basic school and will be applying to Fall 2017 Paramedic school.
What are your hobbies and interests?
What is something we don’t know about you?
– I absolutely hate the feeling of chalk. Which you would never guess since I put it on my hands for pull-ups and T2B.
When did you start crossfit? Why?
– I started CrossFit in May 2013 because I was tired of working out in a globo gym.
Do you remember your first wod?
– Yes, unfortunately lol! My first wod was the filthy fifty.
What is your favorite/least favorite thing about crossfit? (movement, wod, etc.)
– Favorite thing about CrossFit: The loudest cheers are for the last to finish.
Least favorite thing about CrossFit: WALLBALLS
How has crossfit affected your life?
– CrossFit has improved my health. I have kicked bad habits to the curb because of CrossFit.
What advice would you give a newbie?
– Be patient and never give up.