Each month, in order to get to know our StoneCutter community better, we highlight an Athlete of the Month.
This is an athlete has exhibited determination, growth, and a great attitude in the gym.
They challenge and encourage their teammates on a daily basis and represent CrossFit StoneCutter with pride.
Congratulations to our May 2017 Athlete the Month, Jenn Newcomer!
Jenn is a regular in the 8:30 a.m. and trains with our competitors. She is constantly doing extra work and is a supportive member of her fellow athletes daily, both in the gym and at our competitions and events. Jenn is a model athlete and we are proud to have her as a member of our community.
Tell us little bit about you and your family.
– My husband and I have been married for almost 6 years – next month is our anniversary 🙂 We have two amazing children, Devin and Haylie. I just finished EMT-Basic school and will be applying to Fall 2017 Paramedic school.
What are your hobbies and interests?
What is something we don’t know about you?
– I absolutely hate the feeling of chalk. Which you would never guess since I put it on my hands for pull-ups and T2B.
When did you start crossfit? Why?
– I started CrossFit in May 2013 because I was tired of working out in a globo gym.
Do you remember your first wod?
– Yes, unfortunately lol! My first wod was the filthy fifty.
What is your favorite/least favorite thing about crossfit? (movement, wod, etc.)
– Favorite thing about CrossFit: The loudest cheers are for the last to finish.
Least favorite thing about CrossFit: WALLBALLS
How has crossfit affected your life?
– CrossFit has improved my health. I have kicked bad habits to the curb because of CrossFit.
What advice would you give a newbie?
– Be patient and never give up.